Burning Angel Interviews: Cancer Bats - 7 Minutes In Heaven With...
Band Name: Cancer Bats
Person Being Interviewed: Liam Joseph Cormier
Newest Album: Bears, Mayors, Scraps and Bones
Record Label: Good Fight
If I could only have 3 records for the rest of my life I would have to choose:
#1 Led Zeppelin III - I've been listening to Zep for over 20 years and I'm still not bored.
#2 NOFX's Punk in Drublic - I've never had a bad time listening to this album.#3 Micheal Jackson's Thriller - Sometimes you need to get a party started.
2. What's the worst place you have ever had to stop and get food on tour?I remember on our first US tour being so broke that our bass player and I went splits on a container of steamed white rice, nothing on it, just steamed rice, then we mixed it with peanut butter and hot sauce. It tasted awful, it was a real low point in my life - haha. I guess it's not really the worst place technically but a pretty bad place for me to be.
3. What's your take on people who download your music for free?I'm all about downloading records and I don't think there's anything wrong with finding out about bands and music, BUT if I really like a band, I will make sure I buy their LP, cause I know that supporting the band and buying a record means they'll have the money to record another album in the future.
4. Who was your first celebrity crush?We were talking about this the other day; whatever happened to Alicia Silverstone ? I used to have the hugest crush on her back in the day and then it seemed like she dropped off the face of the earth. I don't know if she was my first celebrity crush, but she was the first "babe" I cut out of a magazine and put up on my wall. I really need to Google what happened to her.
5. At what moment did you realize your music career was actually going to be able to feed you?We did our first tour in 2005 with a 4-song demo and some T-shirts I silk screened in my apartment. Our set was 11 minutes long, including 2 Misfits covers to add time. When we got home, after 10 days, we had broken even and each of us got $60 on top of it. I was like, "Holy shit, this actually worked!" From that day forward I knew we could do a tour and not die.
6. If you could direct a porn scene and have your band's music playing in it, what would the scene be like? (How many people would be performing? Where would it take place? What would they do?)If I could direct a porno scene, I would use one of our most stoner songs like "Sleep This Away" and call my porno "No Dongs, Only Bongs!" It would be all girl-on-girl but instead of dildos, they'd use bongs! Tons of makeouts and girls blowing bong hits out their butts. It'd be awesome!
7. Everyone reading this interview is taking a break from watching porn to find out about you and your music. What do you have to say to all the perverts out there reading this?I'd like to think that whoever's reading this has just finished jizzing everywhere or finger blasted the shit out of themselves and they're just catching their breath before another round of partying. To them I'd like to wish them good luck and God Speed with their next block of films/photos they will be jizzing/finger blasting to. I would also like to add that should they ever get a partner, our records are really good to bang to.